How to Start or Reactivate an Alumni Chapter!
To view the full size chapter map, view the image in a new internet window/tab. To utilize the interactive map (2nd image) below, zoom and navigate to the FFA Alumni and Supporters chapter desired. For the chapter code, utilize the side menu view by clicking on the link on the top left of the menu bar above the map. To view a larger interactive map, the link on the top right will expand the map in a new internet window/tab. FFA Alumni and Supporters Chapters on the map are color-coded by FFA District.
We align our charter process with Nationals
Looking to become an Alumni and Supporters Chapter? Follow these steps to get started!
1. Have at least 10 members willing to pay state and national dues
2. Create a Constitution and Bylaws Sample Constitution/Bylaws
3. Have a council of elected officers
4. Fill Out: Alumni Chapter Chartering/Reactivating (2 pages) and send to Iowa FFA Alumni, 1055 SW Prairie Trail Parkway, Ankeny, Iowa 50023. You will be contacted with your new affiliate ID number to proceed with steps 2-7.
5. Complete Page 3 of: Membership Affiliation Program 2.0 Agreement (1 page)
If you are reactivating and don't know your Affiliate ID Number contact: [email protected]
If you're a new affiliate your number will be issued from nationals when they receive the form from step 4.
6. Obtain an EIN Number: Click Here
7. Complete: Tax Exempt Return Form. Click here for tax resources.
8. Create a Membership Roster
9. Collect Dues and Submit $150 for National and State Affiliation Fees + $275.00 for each new life member recruited.
10. Send a copy of the paperwork from steps 5-8, your constitution and bylaws, and membership roster with your affiliation fee to Iowa FFA Alumni, 1055 SW Prairie Trail Parkway, Ankeny, IA 50023